Jordan Food Trust
Increasing Jordan’s dairy and meat products’ exports to reach US and EU markets requires improving the traceability system to match global standards while considering the various levels of SMEs’ capabilities, safety standards (minimum standards), and exporting standards (maximum standards). Therefore, this project aims to support Jordanian micro, small, and medium enterprises in line with the national strategy of focusing on the food-processing sector for its considerable growth and employment poten
Up to five food sector market leaders on each track (meat/poultry + dairy) via ACI/JCI, up to three value chain SMEs on each track (ICT + Services), labs, regulatory bodies, developmental agencies, international tech leaders, and sponsors.
The project’s technical task force will coach and build the SME’s capacity to use Virtual Market Places (VMPs), increase their exports using new and innovative export channels, and create a business-enabling environment for e-commerce.
- Design food traceability guidelines for Jordanian businesses.
- Develop a traceability system for two key partners in the dairy, meat, and poultry industries, improve productivity, reduce wastage, improve cash flow, and strengthen the end consumer’s brand confidence.
- Develop a blockchain manual for dairy and meat factories.
- Form a Jordanian technical task force from relevant experienced stakeholders to support each other and create proper networking channels.
Round table composition
- Round table discussions with different stakeholders to address critical challenges and gaps for dairy and meat industries global exports
- Consulting task force with technical expertise in food traceability, e-commerce, and food export development
- Developing 360 Pilot projects involving two food enterprises – supporting and developing their traceability system and matching the maximum standards to access US and EU markets
- Publishing a food standards manual to enable companies to access international markets