Ready to Help the Export Business in Jordan?
Join the Best Team for an exceptional career in
Grants and Finance Specialist.
Jordan Exports (JE) is the national umbrella organization for Export Promotion and Development in Jordan. Our goal is to establish Jordan’s position as a global player in international trade, innovation, collaboration, and communication.
Overview of Job Description:
Manage all matters pertaining to grants administration, both financial and administrative, and has financial oversight and administrative responsibility for the sponsored projects. Manage and monitor grants and contracts, develop budgets for new proposals, track and update project budgets, prepare financial and program narrative reports, and process invoices.
- Cooperate closely and maintain clear communication with the JE Team ensuring a teamwork environment.
- Contribute to designing grants competitions, guidelines, and criteria for selection.
- Support the JE Technical team in developing the solicitation documents; Requests for Applications, (guidelines, criteria for selection, notification process and evaluation process.
- Assist the technical team in preparing solicitation workshop material to hold workshops explaining the solicitation requirements and templates.
- Prepare financial plans and developing financial models.
- Evaluate cost structures and revenue streams.
- Research and analyzing business trends and prepare financial forecasts.
- Prepare budget reports and financial statements in accordance with professional and regulatory standards.
- Perform risk modeling and quantifying results to advise strategic business decisions.
- Conduct workshops on financial grant procedures and train grantees on JE requirements and reporting procedures. Provide guidance to grantees ensuring that all requirements are clear.
- Oversee grant review committee (with non-voting authority), track selection procedures and prepare documentation to support decisions.
- Document the grant review committee results, ensure non-conflict of interest and non-disclosure and confidentiality forms are signed by the evaluation committee members, document selection procedures and decisions made.
- Conduct due diligence and pre-award risk assessment to selected awardees initially with the support of the JE Finance team to review grantee’s accounting systems, ensure required certifications are signed, address the concerns raised by the grant evaluation committee and reflect them in the final application submission.
- Support the selected awardees in finalizing budget tables, budget narratives, cost share plan while ensuring all costs are allowable, reasonable, and allocable and supported with evidence.
- Develop draft negotiation memorandums for review by the CEO outlining the solicitation process, selection of awardee, budget negotiation process, environmental compliance requirements, etc. Consolidate the selected grantee final package for review by the CEO.
- Other duties, as assigned by the CEO.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in finance, administration, and project management for international organizations.
- Have experience working with international teams or on projects involving international donors or partners.
- Have experience in project budgeting/financial management or nonprofit operations, preferably in an international development setting.
- Have experience or demonstrated interest for project level budgeting and with database management.
- Experience managing grants-under-contract and ensuring their effective implementation.
- Have experience monitoring and managing milestone-based grant funding, and experience with innovation calls.
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise a complex financial management or general ledger system.
- Must be knowledgeable about efficient financial control and payment systems.
- Must have experience showing capability of ensuring reliable, efficient, and proportional financial control of expenditures on different levels.
- Prior experience with setting up appropriate management, finance, and control system in line with the funding requirements of different donors.
- Strong training, communications, and personnel management skills.
- Must have excellent English and Arabic language proficiency, verbal and written.